*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824534-August-5thGig-updateCampfire-update
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #388967
Daily notes and timed freewrites but mostly my blog
#824534 added August 5, 2014 at 5:02pm
Restrictions: None
August 5th!/Gig update/Campfire update
Okay time to attend to some writing projects as well as some personal writing.com projects. August 5th already and here just a minute ago it was the 1st! I seemed to have lost a few days not attending to routine...Which WAS getting up and going to work and squeezing in time for what I enjoy. Well, no strict routine has found me sleeping my life away...literally. I didn't get up until after noon, today. I dare not slip back into a night shift body clock--Just about every job I know of, around here, is a dayshift affair. So, I will behave myself and go to bed at a decent hour and make sure I get up tomorrow morning rearing to go go go.

On a positive note, I accepted and finished my first gig assignment. Gotta love my niece for the opportunity to get up close and personal with her present, on going project. It also gave me the opportunity to break into unfamiliar territory with using a, new to me, writing software; Polaris Office. I think most of the time I spent getting set up to respond was in exploring how the software works. Not a complaint; I love it. Unhappy that I haven't tried it on my own until now. Unfortunately, my desktop won't accept docs from it...Crashed it trying to transfer from my tablet to my desktop.

Hate that dratted Blue Screen when it says Memory Dump in Progress....Restart your computer to continue.

I always picture that there is absolutely nothing on my computer when I restart it. *Laugh*

So now, I have figured out to copy and paste the text from the Polaris Office doc. into my email. Mail to myself and then copy paste from my email to a wordpad RTF doc. and work from there. Of course, I lose all the bold/italics/underlines/font size/line spacing etc., and have to reformat for that. But, I keep all the punctuation. Which is a very good discovery, since later, I may be editing for punctuation with my grammar and punctuation books at my side to make sure I give proper advice or make the proper changes. Diligence, Patience, Good Sense of Propriety, and all the rest of that stuff that makes a professional response in a timely manner.

Just poured my second cup (yes, it contains enough sugar and milk to make it a meal).

When I noticed that I had my first gig response I was in the middle of organizing the stats pertaining to
 
CAMPFIRE
Bansbree: Hub of the Three Kingdoms  (13+)
Bansbree: largest and most powerful city ever to sit on the borders of the Three Kingdoms.

I will continue that project right after this blog entry. Then I will post those stats in a new blog entry and tag everyone participating, so they can see what we've done in the last month + a couple days. It is so sweet! I'm impressed with the activity. The rule is No Pressure. You post when you can and it is imperative that you have fun. I do have an imposed 2 day time limit for posting. However, I have let it go for up to four days before actually skipping someone (who hadn't asked for an extendion in mail, I think she was away from internet access at the time.) (almost had to skip myself once for tardiness *FacePalm*). So it is all good.

Okay the second cup of coffee just kicked in. Time to attend to finishing that campfire stats report...*BigSmile* I just got shivers--Campfire Stats Report...sounds so official. *Laugh*

© Copyright 2014 DyrHearte writes (UN: dyrhearte at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DyrHearte writes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824534-August-5thGig-updateCampfire-update