*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824641-Wednesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#824641 added August 7, 2014 at 12:44am
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
Doing this a little bit different tonight, but still getting my entry in for the day. I finished up the privacy panels, but now I have another idea I want to try for one of the entrances, so I guess I'll be working on it some more tomorrow. This one is just a small panel that will hook into place when wanted, and get stowed away when not in use. I still need to get the grass cut, and Rhonda is not even half way done painting the fence yet.

We slept in this morning so no early start for us today. We did get up in time to enjoy the cool morning on the patio with coffee then went in for lunch and a Bible study, We did not get started on our projects until early afternoon, and I had to do some repair work in the garage on my work bench before I even started on the fence. But, we have it very close to finished, and then made a trip into town to pick up a few items we need, and to have a nice dinner.

We stopped by Runnings first since they close earlier, and then over to Menards after. We got everything on our list, but I did forget to put a few items on the list, so I still need to pick up some of the stuff I need for my privacy panel idea. I have everything I need for the panel, but not the stuff I need to hang it.

The idea is to use a piece of the privacy lattice I have left over. It's too small to fill the opening into the back yard, but only by about twelve inches. So, the idea I had is to frame it in with some one inch by four inch pine boards, letting about three inches stick out on each side, making the panel only about six inches to narrow to fit the opening. That will come out to about three inches on each side, or just a bit less. Then, to put the panel up, I want to instal a rod on each side on top, and put hooks on the regular fence, to hang the panel from. It will fill in the opening almost complete, and come down when it's not needed, or if we need to use the entrance.

Also, it will leave ample room under it to allow the dogs to come and go as they like. The one in the front does not, but it does not fit right up to the house, so they can get around it. In time, I want to put a panel on the side of the house that it will match up to. This one is on hinges, and can be set into place for privacy or left open and latched out of the way.

Rhonda already tried out the privacy panels today, even if it wasn't sunny enough to sunbath. That's a big part of why we put them up, so she can sunbath in comfort without every person in town driving by and gawking at her. She also would like to be able to eliminate some tan lines, but that is impossible around here. Being farm country, there is not any privacy anyplace it seems. Of course, we could go to the lake, but between the algae and the seagulls, that's not the nicest this time of year. So, she likes to sunbath out on the patio, but around here, everyone seems to think this requires a lot of drive by attention. I guess farmers and their wives don't sunbath outside. I know they sure like the tanning booths however.

Anyway, it was kind of cloudy today, but hot and humid. Rhonda was painting the inside of the fence, so plenty of privacy except in the openings going to the front and back yard. We closed off the front, and she was not anywhere close to the opening in back, so off came the top. I was in the garage and happen to look out and seen this very beautiful brunette painting away in short-shorts and topless. I just had to stop and admire the view for a few minutes. After a couple of minutes I came back to my senses and ran inside the house and grabbed my cell phone and snapped a couple of very nice photographs of her painting away.

Now, back to what makes this entry different tonight. We returned from shopping and set up the patio for a fire, and I'm sitting out with a fire popping and crackling, enjoying a beverage on the patio as I type. And now, this entry is long enough to meet the requirements of 750 Words, so I'm off to enjoy the evening...

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824641-Wednesday