*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/825051-real-time-update
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #388967
Daily notes and timed freewrites but mostly my blog
#825051 added August 11, 2014 at 8:22pm
Restrictions: None
real time update
Spent all morning and afternoon doing job search research...Tomorrow I take my notes to the local JS office and put the research into action with filling out the job apps--at the moment I'm too exhausted to follow up today. It is a scorcher out right now. I have a low tolerance for the heat and I'd rather go out tomorrow morning before the heat of the day to be presentable.

Three apps to fill out and take to potential employers. Wednesday, I pick up my last pay check from my last job site and Thursday I plan to leave the state and visit family and attend SpoCon for four days. Back in time Monday to start serious job searchs and hopefully be refreshed from time away from this depressing business of joblessness.

One app is a long time dream job I've wished for since I was a teen. Laughably, everytime I've applied over the years, I'm never considered qualified. The job service, once again in their infinite cruelty, says I could qualify and have sent me this app as one of my mandatory "apply for this job' or don't qualify for benefits.

I refuse to get my hopes up that I'd actually qualify this time, and hopefully avoid the disappointment if I don't qualify as expected. Leaves all the room for a fantastic day of surprise and delight if I do qualify and get the opportunity to land a job of my dreams. If I did get it, this job would net me 3 times my monthly wages and would be loosely related with my college degree in biology. Like I said, job of my dreams. I've only worked 1 job that was related to my degree and that was in the 90s. A year and a half at a juicing plant as a bio-tech Quality control Engineer. Turns out all I needed for that job was a HS diploma. But my college experience helped me get the job, thankfully.

So fingers crossed tomorrow.

In the meantime, I need to attend to an overdue deadline here. Eleventh of August--four days spent trying the complete what has turned out to be a mammoth task. Dealing with 33,000 words gives a hint to the size of the project--silly me, I thought I'd have it finished over the weekend. Got half of it accomplished so Will probably post what I have with the plan of posting the rest next week some time. *Laugh*


© Copyright 2014 DyrHearte writes (UN: dyrhearte at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DyrHearte writes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/825051-real-time-update