*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/825334-Expected-Surprise-is-when-you-know-it-is-coming-un-detailed
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2000274
Simple stuff, really. Musing uncharacteristically challenged. BLog
#825334 added August 14, 2014 at 8:22pm
Restrictions: None
Expected Surprise is when you know it is coming un-detailed
Louis L'amour, I grew up reading his work. I used to go to the bookstore just to buy another of his books once I saved up enough to buy one, that is. So many authors I haven't really read much since I was a kid. Edgar Rice Boroughs Isaac Asimov, Arthur C. Clark, just to name a few. Later I would wonder how Arnold would fair against Tarzan but it would never be a fair fight. Tarzan would win every time so long as the technology was kept at a minimum. The thing that both characters have is an expected surprise. At some time, both characters will wrap their thews of steel around another unsuspecting character and surprise them with their power and savagery. It isn't the one liners, though they certainly make the expected surprise more memorable, but it is just knowing what is coming that keeps people interested, I think. Are you ready for this? Their is one other character of old that combines the strengths of both these characters and takes it to a whole 'nother level. Doc Savage. I will say no more, just yet.

© Copyright 2014 Jimminycritic (UN: jimminycritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jimminycritic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/825334-Expected-Surprise-is-when-you-know-it-is-coming-un-detailed