*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/825506-Saturday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#825506 added August 16, 2014 at 8:27pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday
It's been just over a week since I made an entry, so I thought I should get something in here. Not much tonight, too tired, but enough to let anyone who's been following my journal know what's the deal here.

See, I've been doing awesome at getting an entry in every day. Sure, some days it's after midnight before I get in here, but I still made the entry for the day. Also, I was doing my writing on a site called 750 Words, which tracks everything. I was at one hundred and ninety days of logging without missing, and had completed at least seven hundred and fifty words each day.

Yep, I was doing great. But, things happen and sometimes we just have to deal with it. That's the case with me and my daily entries. Not that I can blame anyone other than myself, but it's still a big downer -- man!

See, we have been working on a patio project on our days off, and I have been putting in some very long days at work. So, I get behind on some things, and it's been tough trying to get caught back up. But, I was managing, keeping myself afloat with all the things pressing in for time.

Then, I got a bit sick. A sinus infection of some kind, that also spread to my throat. Then, it got into my chest, and for a while I thought I may end up going in to the hospital. But, it would improve a bit, then get worse then improve again.

Until a little over a week ago when it hit real hard. It really wiped me out, and by the time I came up on my three days off, I was exhausted. But, being stubborn, I wanted to get some work done on the patio and did not take tie to rest like I should have. This really wiped me out, and I forgot to send the telephone/internet payment.

I went to log in and I could not connect. At first ai didn't know why, then Rhonda asked if I had paid the bill. Nope. Like I said, my own fault.

But, here's the deal. I live in a real small town. We do not have any choice in internet access except for the local phone company. They not only bill high for the service, but we are also limited on speed. My high speed internet is barely enough to stream Netflix.

Anyway, on top of being expensive, limited speed, and loss of service at times, the service is tied to the phone service. In other words, I have to keep phone service to get internet service. This means I pay around ninety bucks a month for internet access and local calling

Also, the phone company likes to collect their money as quickly as possible, so they don't give much of a grace period on our bill. It's due by the twentieth of the month, and if it's not received in two weeks, our service is turned off.

Yes, you read that right, we get until the first Thursday of the following month to pay or service is disconnected for everything. That means we get right around two weeks to pay the current bill, or no service. And, that's just what happened.

I forgot to send it, and they shut down my phone and as a result I also lost internet. Being sick, I just did not have the gumption to get going again after losing my count in 750 Words, and missing some entries here. It's frustrating to say the least.

But, with no other options, I'm stuck with the service I have, and I have two weeks to pay up or it's going to interrupt everything and cost me even more. So, I may just wait before I start 750 Words over again. We supply double coverage through Labor Day weekend, then I should have ore time, and that may be the time to restart my count.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/825506-Saturday