*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/825514-Campfire-Chatter
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#825514 added August 16, 2014 at 9:46pm
Restrictions: None
Campfire Chatter
Today's blog...

30 Day Blogging Challenge

Saturday's Campfire Prompt
Hey campers! It's time for another Saturday night campfire! Tell us a little about where you're from, and something that is commonly mistaken about your hometown. And if you don't think your town's big enough, tell us the advantage of your small town.
Bonus: Share a favorite campfire dinner recipe that's quick and easy.


Where I live now is not where I was born. My birth hometown was New Liskeard, Ontario. A small farming town. Part of a tri-town with the mining town of Cobalt and Hailebury that has the School of Mining. It is 14 miles to the Quebec border in northern Ontario. It is a good 400 miles north of Toronto, Ontario. I believe there was even a Stomping Tom Conner's song '100 miles north of North Bay' that is about my hometown - but I am not certain about that.

Hailebury and New Liskeard were amalgamated with Diamond Township to become Temiskeming Shores after New Liskeard had its 100th celebration of becoming a town. To me they are all separate.

Each town is less than 5000 people.

I lived there until I was almost 12, then moved to Guelph when my mother transferred to the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture and Food closer to my aunt and uncle. After university I moved to Kitchener where I still live.

Campfire Dinner? Yikes.

What about corn on the cob. You leave the cobs in their husks and put them on the grill – I can’t remember the length of time (8 minutes I think) but they steam themselves with in the husk.

A salad is always good. Burgers are yummy as well. Cooked on an open grill with fresh fixings – makes me hungry all ready.

© Copyright 2014 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/825514-Campfire-Chatter