*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/825999-Prompt-about-job-reflecting
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#825999 added August 22, 2014 at 1:02pm
Restrictions: None
Prompt about job reflecting
Your younger self is about to be offered your first job. What would you tell yourself knowing what you know now?

My first real job was being a pastor. I look back and wonder how I even got the courage to answer the call. My conversation to my younger self might be as follows

:

1. Gary whatever you do don't go into your first job burnt out. Every sermon feels like an adventure and ordeal. One can never be sure if they are doing a good job or not when you are basking in the gory.
2. Watch out for the church member who talks to your family as if he is your forever best friend. He will most likely be the same person who will do you in.
3. Whatever you do not align yourself with the miscreants of a community at least with the church knowing about it. Good church people would just as soon not be associated with certain folk.
4. Know who to visit and when, especially if the church you are in has never had a pastor with that as their primary goal.
5. Enjoy all the victuals. There is ample opportunity to learn canning and get all manner of vegetables and meat in a farming community. It would behoove you to have your own garden look a bit like the farm folk, even if you have never been in that culture before.
There are many other things that could be added, but these are written so that you might believe and that in believing you might know eternal life.
*Delight*

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/825999-Prompt-about-job-reflecting