*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/826079-Mutant-Beasts---Capture-or-Befriend--No-Embarrassment-Here
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#826079 added August 23, 2014 at 10:18am
Restrictions: None
Mutant Beasts - Capture or Befriend & No Embarrassment Here
Today's blog....

30 Day Blogging Challenge


Saturday Campfire Prompt
"There has been a Sharkhorse sighting! They're angry with all of the humans on the campgrounds. We've got to use our campfire time to come up with a plan to either catch them all or befriend them before they destroy us...but how will we do that? Perhaps there's a method to all the madness we've experienced so far..."


Well, I am looking at this beast. At first when I saw it I thought "Oh, my... sharks on land. Now we have sharks and bees to deal with... I am so not good with that!"

But then the sensible side kicked in.... sharks rule the ocean. They swim and have the agility in that environment. Horses have the long legs of land and a neck with a head that can twist, turn and flip their manes in the wind. This beast is missing the agility within the head area and the sleakness of the water environment. Even if it does make it into the water the legs will slow it down. So aside from a moment of visual distress, I don't see them as that big of a threat.

Whether we capture or befriend, I don't know. I would lean toward befriending... but what do they eat? Grass or fish? Herbivore or Carnivore? I don't want a chunk out of me it I get in the wrong place, but I also don't want anything eating our food stores. Though I am still wondering how it does manage to eat... the eyes, month and legs are going to have some fancy moves to get something.

Are they attracted by noise? Because that would mean the party the other night across the lake would have riled them. Would a little poetry sooth their savage soul... are they really even savage?

We are a quiet group. Beyond our heavy snoring and my slight incompetence with the cooking on the firepit, we don't make a lot of noise. (Sorry about the cursing) I dare say writing pens or pencils on paper are going to cause any huge disturbance in the force and neither is anyone's sewing. I don't think our singing would do it either or those things would have shown up days ago when we did our morning sing along.

We came here a quiet bunch, ready to take in the relaxed views and wonderful conversations and we have been inundated with such odd things. Is this part of the reality TV show? I think we should pull that plug out of the tree and then take ourselves on a hike... just take a very big stick... in case we need protection.

Just to be on the safe side. I submit we pick up an extra few packages of carrots, apples and ground beef just in case it wanders into our camp.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 173


Prompt: Some people are embarrassed by____________ but I'm not because_______________________.

Some people are embarrassed by doing something that might make them look stupid, but I'm not because... well, what the heck, at least I tried. Making a fool of myself is not a huge deal. I may not even see some of these people again and if I do, who cares. The people who matter and care about me are going to understand... heck, they may have committed the same act of stupidity along with me and we can laugh at ourselves. If you can't laugh at yourself... you are too serious. Lighten up. I wouldn't do anything to hurt anyone or myself and getting a laugh lightens everyone's day... except maybe the idiot who thinks I am a twit, but then who cares about them. Not me.

© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/826079-Mutant-Beasts---Capture-or-Befriend--No-Embarrassment-Here