*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/826138-Heat
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#826138 added August 23, 2014 at 10:44pm
Restrictions: None
Heat
Last night, Matt spent the night with his friend Andrew and then this morning went with hubby to be in a soccer tournament in Pearl, the next town up the road from us. They played at 9:00, 11:00, and 1:00. The parents had set up tents. Hubby borrowed my stepfather's generator and another parent brought some great big fans to plug into it. Hubby took a cooler with all kinds of water and Gatorade. Matt's face was sunburned and his arms were dark brown. They tied the first game and lost the other two. Hubby said he almost passed out.

The high school choir held a road-block at a busy intersection. They need to buy risers, which are $3000 each. Em was signed up from 9 - 11 with another family. When I picked her up, her little face was red and she said she had almost fainted - she was seeing spots.

Anna Claire spent the night with her friend as well, so we had one child at home last night. Some other girls were invited to the friend's house, but Anna Claire was the only one who went. I felt sorry for the friend and glad that at least Anna Claire showed up. Tonight Anna Claire went to party for the junior high choir at school. They called us about an hour after we took her and said that she was burning up and shivering so I went and got her. We figured out that the air is timed to go off after school lets out and she got too hot. Her temp was normal - low, in fact.

I was the only one out of five people that stayed out of the dern heat.

© Copyright 2014 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/826138-Heat