*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/826184-Throw-out-the-Lifeline
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#826184 added August 24, 2014 at 1:08pm
Restrictions: None
Throw out the Lifeline
I consider all that has happened in my life circumstance of late and I pray that there is a lifeline being thrown my way as I experience myself thrashing in the water. Yesterday was my opportunity to do mobile patrol. By the end of the night I discovered that I had forgot to clock in. Most of my shift involved checking out assist stations in garages. In a sense these stations are lifelines that are sent to cars that are in trouble for some reason. I checked out 119 boxes in the space of four hours and was exhausted. It reflects the exhaustion I feel as I sing with labored breath due to trouble with asthma/allergies. I continue to be confused about the extent of my mom's illness and what it means or even does not mean to my kids who have had limited connection with her, because she is so far away.

Life goes on. Lifelines continue to be sent out and many wonder if they will make it to shore before the line breaks and they are swept out into the ocean. The need for a line is the confession that is most revealing. None of us can be saved or know what it means to have purpose without a relationship. It is in this relationship that we learn to love not only God, but each other.
*Cool*

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/826184-Throw-out-the-Lifeline