*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/826235-The-Call-Back
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#826235 added August 25, 2014 at 1:35am
Restrictions: None
The Call Back
I had been waiting for what seemed like eternity for my son to get back to me. He missed my birthday, connecting with me about my trip to Massachusetts. He missed all my quips about tennis. For a time we were playing regularly. Life has changed since summer ended and I am learning that Tim is very tied up in his family. This means I will need to find supports elsewhere and determine how I care for myself. It is a tricky wicket. My wife would rather me not do anything, so that I do not risk expensive injury. She yells that I can no longer play tennis, the sport I love the most. She would also limit my running if she knew how much I did. The call back from my son this evening was a reminder that we are on two different sides of a court. He is working to keep a job and I am working to maintain a healthy lifestyle. In the end we will both end up in the right place. It is between here and there that I wait for a call back from God to tell me what fills me with joy in a way that I can share that same joy with others.*Delight*

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/826235-The-Call-Back