*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/826275-Need-A-Break-Prompts-Current-Reads--I-Am-A-Writer
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#826275 added August 25, 2014 at 10:42am
Restrictions: None
Need A Break, Prompts, Current Reads & I Am A Writer
Today's blogs...

30 Day Blogging Challenge


Monday's prompt.
Good morning campers! There's a lot of work to be done after the busy weekend Sharkhorse chasing. Come up with a really good excuse as to why you shouldn't have to lift a finger today, and nominate another of your fellow campers for the chores you don't want to do.


I am feeling rather ill this morning. My body's joints and muscles are screaming at me reminding me that climbing up that old tree to get a better view of the Sharkhorse was not my best idea... and no, I did not climb it to get away from the beast.
I am feeling rather old this morning. My allergies are ramped up and giving me flu like symptoms. I need to go into town and get another package of meds, mine are all gone and I swear i brought enough to the whole month. Maybe those crazy fairies took my stash. Oh, well.

As for who to nominate... I don't think its fair to pick on anyone we all pull our weight but I would appreciate skipping the breakfast prep and maybe switch with someone to do lunch. That would be much appreciated. By then I won't be so achy and I will have made it into town for my allergy meds.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 175


PROMPT: What do you like to find in a blog prompt? Do you prefer open-ended or very specific prompts? Is there a particular type or element of a prompt that you dislike? Do you have a prompt that you think would be great? Include it and I'll see what I can do to make that happen.

I am pretty open about the prompts I get. The one above is not my favourite but I came up with something... I am not sure what it is about it - maybe the fact that is too specific. I like them a bit more open ended, but I will roll with it.

I think a lot of it has to do with my own mood when I read the prompt. Sometimes it tweeks something right away, other times I sit on it for a bit. There have also been times I have gone off on a tangent as the topic was too uncomfortable for me that day. Some days I find I need to read someone else's interpretation to understand the prompt and then I come back to it myself.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality – Week Thirty - Six


3. What are you reading at the moment? How did you choose it, or was it chosen for you? Are you enjoying it?

I am reading Immediate Fiction by Jerry Cleaver as it was recommended to me and a group of us are working through the book itself. I like that aspect of it. Many times I will buy a writing reference and I will read the whole thing without endeavouring to try any of the exercises. I tell myself I will just finish the book first and then go back, but I rarely do. Having a group of like minded souls working on a similar goal makes it easier and keeps me accountable and sometimes I find I need that aspect.

I am supposed to be reading 5 books this month for the Monthly Reading Challenge and I am struggling with it. You would think the summer would be a time to read more, but I find I tend to read less. The books I have chosen are light, romantic fluff and I just can't get into them. The two authors that I want to read have books coming out tomorrow but even if I get and read them I will be at 3 and a half for the month. I need to find an easy novella or finish one of my other unfinished books. Besides I have other stuff I want to enjoy this week.

7. Amalie's Diving Back In! wrote a blog post recently about self-identifying as an author. Do you think of yourself as an author? Do you introduce yourself as an author? If not, what do you think it would take before you did? When other people introduce themselves or identify themselves as authors, what do you assume about them?

I don't presume to call myself an author. That would entail that I have published something out beyond this writing site. I do tell a few close people that I write, but I limit that, as I find as soon as you say that, people want to know what you have written or if you have published and I find that conversation freaks me out. I don't even think I would call myself a blogger, though I have been blogging since the beginning of this year and I have not missed too many days.

If someone else says they are an author I assume they have published at least one thing. 'Author' to me seems a bit presumptuous. I tend to prefer the term 'writer' as it is more real and tangible. I write, therefore I am a writer. If I was an author I would have published and maybe even have an agent or some sort of knowledge of the publishing world out beyond this site.

© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/826275-Need-A-Break-Prompts-Current-Reads--I-Am-A-Writer