*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827648-Time-Flies
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#827648 added September 9, 2014 at 10:55am
Restrictions: None
Time Flies
Not sure where the week in Yellowstone went, but I know I'll always remember it until I pop my clogs or lose my marbles. It has to be one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen, if not THE most beautiful. Proof that nature is both harsh and breathtaking, but also a place where mankind is hopefully learning the best way to handle nature's behaviour.

The air is like nectar and although variable the temperatures just about right at this time of year. Everywhere the scenery is stunning and diverse, the people laid back, softly spoken and genuinely friendly. Empty roads stretch in all directions and what traffic there is proceeds slowly and politely. The town of West Yellowstone was like something from an old movie. No high rise buildings, old wooden delightful shops and restaurants.

We did all the touristy things like wildlife spotting, visiting Old Faithful and the Grizzly Discovery Centre, but I think the best thing was meeting and spending a day with Chewie Kittie Thank you again for making the effort to travel a long way to meet us and your tour of the area. I will post photos in time.

We are now sweltering in New Orleans after a bit of a messy travel day on Sunday. Of course it's totally different to Yellowstone, but it's the diversity of this country that makes us keep coming back. Plenty to see and do here, though much of it man made rather than created by Mother Nature.

Next life I shall live in Yellowstone...in the summer anyway, though the thought of holing up in a warm wooden cabin with internet, books, films, crafts and a bar isn't unappealing either.

© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827648-Time-Flies