*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827402-Musical-Connections--Three-Witches--My-LIST
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#827402 added September 6, 2014 at 7:16pm
Restrictions: None
Musical Connections & Three Witches & My LIST
Today's blogs...

30 Day Blogging Challenge


Creation Saturday September 6, 2014
You know how I love Create a list of five or more melodies that immediately evoke a specific memory of a person and a place. Share with us who and where along with your list. I am not looking for the utube links just the song titles. I want to see your creativity.


Melodies that evoke a specific memory of a person and a place.... this is a very cool concept, but my mind is drawing a blank.

1. My Dad used to sing a song, but I can't find it... not sure if it existed or he was just bugging me. I would tell him to leave me alone and he would croon "Leave me alone, I wanna go home... I wanna go home and be with you." Then he would lean in and hug me.

2. To my friend Debbie, I could pick so many songs but one fun one was when she and I would sing along to The Union of the Snake by Duran Duran. Thinking back I feel sorry for her parents who had to endure our awful singing and that song over and over again.

3. I think I would give Mandisa's Overcomer to my Grandma McCleod who had cancer at the same time as my father. She went into remission and he died. She got it again, and again fought it off... until Alzheimer's took her mind and with it, her link to her Faith.

4. This is the stuff is more my song by Francesca Batattastelli - I am always loosing stuff http://www.last.fm/music/Francesca+Battistelli/_/This+Is+the+Stuff/+videos/+6-Xe...

5. Jesus Take the Wheel by Carrie Underwood could be my mother after she and my father separated. His unfaithfulness with a family friend was a double barrel betrayal but she came through it.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – DAY 187 {Day 6 of the List}


Prompt: The three woman who live next door to you remind you of the three witches in Macbeth. Why?
Don't forget to put list in the subject line and that your list needs to apply to the prompt. I am looking forward to your lists with this one.


Walking by the Grimeloni house always caused a shiver to run down my spine. My disease would build until I was long past their house. I would look up and search the windows not seeing anyone there, but I swear I could feel their eyes on me. They never missed a thing.
On evenings when the wind held off or carried lightly my way; when the world eased off its rumble, I could hear their every mutter. Their voices seemed to cackle with disuse. Their laughter piercing and brittle.

They never went anywhere unless they went as three and when they did they moved, they moved as one all bundled in ripped threads. Their heads were down, beneath huge hoods. The only skin exposed was where their hands bowed out to grasp their canes. It was paper grey and wrinkled with age. I feared one good wind would carry them away.

On evenings when the moon was full and the night as clear as ink. They would gather together in their backyard and huddle 'round their huge black pot. They would chant and curse and pull the winds up around them sending the rest of us inside. I would shut my doors and bar them out. I'd hide within my bed.

In mornings after, all seemed calm... but there was always something missing. A neighbour cat, or dog or broom. Never to be seen again... unless ghostly, behind the moon.

My List of the Witches House
#1. Fences that look as if they will fall down, spike up into the sky. Well over eight feet they stand.
#2. A black cauldron sits in a fire pit in the middle of their backyard.
#3. At Hallowe'en the door swings open, yet nobody stands to greet. Children have learned not to go there. Even if they dare.
#4. Cackling can be heard as it rises over the wind
#5. Chants of darkness throb each night of the full moon.
#6. Things go missing - neighbourhood animals and lost bits and items like brooms
#7. The weather clouds circle over their house
#8. They always visit the health food store and inquire about odd items which the merchant can be counted upon to purchase and deliver.
#9. If you touch the fence it latches on to you a moment, only letting go when you squeal or squack.
#10. Then chuckled laughter seems to rise up from the ground.
#11. Things that get accidentally land on their property vanishes. I swear I saw my ball get sucked into the ground.
#12. Nobody visits their house. No friends or relatives visit.
#13. I think they have a pet rat that is the size of a small dog. It rumples its way through our garbage and I swear I see it grab a cat once.
#14. Crows sit with menace along the house gables. Their caws rattle the windows in disdain.


© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827402-Musical-Connections--Three-Witches--My-LIST