*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827593-Everyone-has-Challenges--Where-Does-The-Time-Go
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#827593 added September 8, 2014 at 6:18pm
Restrictions: None
Everyone has Challenges & Where Does The Time Go
Today's blogs...

30 Day Blogging Challenge


Wildcard Monday September 8, 2014 prompt
I used to say to my children that each of us has a disability, that no one is perfect. Some of the most compelling and enduring stories are often about those who rise above their limitations. Share with us how you work within the confines of your own disability or someone in your family each day and manage to thrive.


I have an issue with saying we all have a disability. I would be more inclined to say we all have abilities and we all have challenges. Learning to cope and find away around the challenges is how we overcome our limitations. I also find labels tend to limit people so it is almost better to not let yourself fall into that trap. Believe you can meet the challenge and find a way around it.

Health issues and concerns plague some people. Belief and faith have overcome some of those issues. For my grandmother, I believe her faith saved her. As a child she suffered through some crippling issue and pushed through. You would never know it. Later in life, she tackled cancer. Beat it twice, before Alzheimer's took her mind and ultimately her connection to her faith.

Other people have physical or cognitive challenges. For shorter members in our family we say they are vertically challenged.

I remember seeing a motivational speaker without arms or legs who is a joy to hear. He is Nick Vujicic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSayMXTaQY8
There is no can't. Humor helps, as does gratitude for what you do have.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 189 (Day 7 of The List)


Prompt: Tell us about a time when you completely lost track of time. Does it happen often or hardly at all?

I think I often live in the realm of lost time. Unless I am on the clock and needing to keep a group of students on task within the bounds of time (and even then it is easy to loose sight of them time, if things are going well), I tend to get lost in time... a lot.
When writing I find I look up and realize hours have gone by....

Shopping trips can also get away from me... particularly in bookstores.
Even time at the library... lost in a book or browsing shelves.... I look around at a clock and realize... 'Ahhh, I have to go!"
Wearing a watch does not help.

The LIST: Moments Lost In Time
#1. Writing... falling into the flow...
#2. Shopping in a Chapters bookstore after spending two weeks on holiday with my husband. He is not a fan of reading or bookstores so going into a bookshop when we are on vacation is not his thing. Getting home I was in the bookstore for at least 2 hours.
#3. When travelling up north for family get togethers I would arrive before everyone - I had a heavy foot while driving - and then I would stop into the Cobalt bookstore and be the last to arrive at the gathering.
#4. I love to visit libraries in the small towns around our area. Any old building that holds a library draws me in. I love the smell and well as the books.
#5. There is a glass wear shop called Watson's in Stratford. They have several cats in there. I love to browse and find the cats.
#6. Going to coffee shops and reading or writing is another moment of lost time.
#7. Reading anywhere can pull me into the story and leave me losing time.
#8. Enjoying nature at a park. The sights, the sounds, the warmth of the sun. Experiencing life in slow motion.
#9. I love to take nature walks and although I don't get lost I will spend a great deal of time exploring the trails.
#10. Checking out antique shops. I like to explore and see things from my past. My grandparent's house got broken into and everything stolen when they were staying the winter with us. Now when we go into these shops we wonder if the stuff could be there's or not.
#11. Time spent in naps when I had my cat and we would nap together on the rug.
#12. Time spent in afternoon naps - usually on the weekends.
#13. Days lost when you wonder 'what did I do today?' Sometimes the time just leaches away, vanishing like magic.
#14. Time spent on the computer - Facebook, Twitter, Writing.com. At least on Writing.com I feel I am generally accomplishing things.



© Copyright 2014 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827593-Everyone-has-Challenges--Where-Does-The-Time-Go