*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828209-HUMAN-IDENTITY-SYSTEM
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#828209 added September 15, 2014 at 6:20pm
Restrictions: None
HUMAN IDENTITY SYSTEM
September 15, 2014 Prompt: If you could invent anything new, what would it be?

As a science-fiction writer, I invent things all the time. It is one of the great pleasures of writing! I have invented this technology advancement for my science-fiction novel I'm writing. It is called:

Human Identity System, or HIDS.


The master unit is a brightly illuminated vertical pod. When you step inside you are instructed to place both hands on the symbols, look at the red dot in front of you and to repeat your name three times. About thrity seconds later the dot should turn green.

You have just been interfaced with a HIDS Recorder. The simple HIDS Eyes, which would make the usual identifications are relatively inexpensive and would be installed everywhere. A dedicated satellite system will make the database accessible worldwide from cloud storage.

It will use a combination of eyes, facial structure, ears, hands and voice to make the match. It is not a broad scanner, but rather very narrowly focused to just one person. Just to you.

After the instantaneous identification, the system will electronically project a voice into the target person's mind, similar to the way you hear voices in your dreams. There is no audible sound produced. No one else can hear the message in your head. You will be politely addressed by name.

The HIDS Eye System positively identifies a person and eliminates the need for any paperwork, cards, passes, permits. It will know everything necessary to allow you to enter, pass, register, whatever.

In my novel, I use the HIDS Eye to handle airplane flights, offices, closed facilities, locked doors, elevators. This technology is not popular with criminals since there is a record of every encounter no matter how brief.

Personally, I would be very uncomfortable with such a system, but fear it is the direction our society is headed. Witness the airport body scanners and RFID chips, vehicle license readers, and facial recognition scanners. Part of the purpose of speculative fiction is to anticipate such developments. Perhaps as a serious warning? Such technology will be necessary for robots to function with humans.

Move cautiously in this new world that's changing faster than we realize.
My best to all... 
>>>iggy *Boat*   
                    ** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable **
Blog City image small          I'm docked at Talent Pond's Blog Harbor, a safe port for bloggers to connect.


© Copyright 2014 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828209-HUMAN-IDENTITY-SYSTEM