*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828323-Travel-Weary
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#828323 added September 17, 2014 at 12:09pm
Restrictions: None
Travel Weary
After another long and tiring travel day, we're now in Memphis but not for long. Our hotel is as Elvis orientated as anything you can imagine including a guitar shaped swimming pool and non stop Elvis music and movies. Corny, but at least the room is spacious and comfortable.

The only two things I'd complain about in New Orleans are the humidity and the small, rather minimalistic room we had at our hotel. Admittedly it was trendy and in keeping with the French Quarter area, but no coffee maker, bath, storage space, fridge or anywhere to sit made it rather uncomfortable. The heat affected hubby more than me and he wasn't very keen to venture far, but I loved the atmosphere, the music, the food, the history and the zany, kind people. I was brave enough to explore a little on my own, though didn't see anywhere near as much as I'd have liked. Still we enjoyed two boat trips and visits to the swamps and plantations.

I was thrilled to be able to watch the duck parade in the Peabody hotel here in a Memphis on Monday. It was crowded and I didn't get too much on video as the Duckmaster was blocking the view, but it was an experience I never thought I'd have.

Today we visited Graceland and much as it was busy, commercialised and rather a hurried tour, it was surprisingly touching. Tomorrow we have another boat trip, then it will be packing up time again for another travel day on Thursday. But at least we know St Louis quite well so hopefully will find a little time to relax. I won't hold my breath however. The unexpected travels alongside us wherever we go.

© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828323-Travel-Weary