*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/829142-Time-to-say-Goodbye
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#829142 added September 26, 2014 at 12:41am
Restrictions: None
Time to say Goodbye

Posting this entry on a Thursday just to confuse Kåre Enga in Montana *Laugh* Not really. It's just been a very hectic and eventful week and sadly has flown by far too quickly.

Arriving in St Louis is almost like coming home. This is our fourth visit in as many trips and despite everything, we still love the place. Whether it's just a coincidence that this is where I was born that makes me feel so comfortable here I don't know, but no matter. I'm just pleased to have been here for the last stage of our trip.

The weather has been perfect. Despite a lot of construction work around the Arch, the river and the city we've managed to visit most of our favourite haunts. We spent a relaxing and rather over indulgent afternoon with Nanette (Past Voices) from Illinois and I thank her again for the lovely PANK trinket box which I will find a special place for once home and unpacked.

The St Louis Genealogical Society have been exceedingly helpful and gone out of their way to help me with family research. Thanks to them I have managed to place flowers on my grandparent's graves here as well as visit Noble, Illinois where my family originated. All the links and information they have supplied me with really help with future research.

But now we're all packed up and ready for our last journey to New York, then boarding the boat on Saturday for our week at sea before arriving home. I'll be pleased to be reunited with our travelling companions and look forward to seeing family and friends back home.

Internet access will be limited, but hopefully there'll be plenty of surreal memories and photos to share in the near future. Au Revoir America.

© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/829142-Time-to-say-Goodbye