*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828450-First-Lady--What-Have-I-Been-Writing-Lately
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#828450 added September 18, 2014 at 1:08pm
Restrictions: None
First Lady & What Have I Been Writing Lately
Today's blogs...

Blog City – Day 199


Prompt: Who was your favorite first lady?

Being Canadian, I did my own little bit of research - Wikipedia states "Some commentators have tried to style prime ministers' wives as "First Lady of Canada", similar to the style of First Lady used in republics, but this is not a recognized title. Use of the term is based on the pervasive influence of American media and not a defined public role or title for the prime minister's spouse. In any case, both the spouse of the Canadian monarch and that of the Governor General of Canada take precedence over a prime minister's spouse, rendering the notion untenable."

As for the American First Lady... I think I would go with Eleanor Roosevelt. She stood for human rights and equality. She boldly went where no woman had gone before and she did it with grace and honour despite those who objected to her.

Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge


Prompt: Write about times when you've felt good about your writing, such as when a great idea zipped into your mind. Now, look at what you have written, how do you feel. Would you save this for inspiration, later? Why or Why not.

I am feeling a little blue today so writing an upbeat positive piece is going to be a challenge. So unless I can pull this out of my ass, I am going to say that I will probably not save this for any inspirational pick me ups.

I am currently muddling around with what to do for NaNoWriMo. I have 3 novel ideas - all started in bits and pieces and each one needing an injection of purpose. To write them for NaNo would make me a rebel, but I would also not be starting another attempt that gathers dust as I shift my focus yet again. I am in a quandary. I could rework a weaker novel idea through the October NaNo Prep to try to breath new life into it... and then when NaNo starts either use that novel or flip back to the one I started last year. I know NaNo is to be a new novel and you are to write it completely in the month of November but I find I am never close to the end when I reach my word count goal of 50,000 words. I do not want to cheat... that is just not right.... no one actually sees what you are writing unless you allow it but it seems sneaky to write on with what I have... though, I have found I am building in the conflicts necessary to make it move along... making it stronger, in a way. To put it aside for the month... Decisions, decisions. What is a body to you... when a mind refuses to cooperate.

If I focus on what I have been writing lately I can feel good about coming to the page (either computer screen or paper) and writing every day. On 750word.com where I usually do my blogs and any other bits and pieces or random stream of consciousness stuff I am on a daily writing streak of 171 days. That is my highest record of achievement yet. Within those daily writing days I can remember that I have been blogging almost daily since the first or second week of January this year. With Welcome To My Reality I do at least 5 out of 7 prompts a week. With Blog City I have had many months of writing every prompt day. With the 30 Day Blogging Challenge I have been pretty successful with daily prompts as well.

The Birthday Bash had me writing poetry for 14 days straight and also writing 7 more challenging forms, including a Sestina. I have been doing I Write - June, July and August and only missed 2 weeks of submitting writing to contests and providing reviews to the people who submit before me. I am continuing with I Write - September, October and November.

I was a contributing member of the Dark Dreamscapes team for the Game of Thrones Challenge. We came in 3rd place with a team smaller than the two winners - so that speaks volumes as far as our tenacity.

I need to review my Dear Me letter that I wrote for the beginning of the year and see where I am in terms of my aspirations for the year. I believe I am on track, but it is good to check.

I don't feel so blue anymore - writing this helped, but a good walk out in the fresh air will do me some good.


© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828450-First-Lady--What-Have-I-Been-Writing-Lately