*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828629-Saturday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#828629 added September 20, 2014 at 10:00pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday
Kind of late getting in here tonight, so not much time to do anything. I'm going to have to keep working on that, but I do feel pretty good about logging in and making my journal entries again. It really got messed up for a while last month, but it's beginning to become routine again.

The biggest problem has been and still is, time. I had planned to drop down to working at my job four days a week this fall, so I could have more time to catch up on other things, and of course, to spend in here. But, that just has not worked out at all. On the up side, however, my working hours are shorter now, which does provide more time for everything.

Now I just need to adjust and utilize that time better. Part of the problem is getting up at three in the morning. By afternoon, when I get home from work, I'm shot and just too tired to focus on much of anything. Of course, if I was in bed earlier so I had my eight hours of sleep, or even seven, I wouldn't be so burned out by the time I get home. Unfortunately, I am a night owl by nature, and going to bed when it's still light out is very difficult for me.

Even when I do get to bed somewhat early, I find I don't sleep very well. I fall right to sleep most nights, but I'm up a half dozen or more times a night. I wake up, make a trip to the bathroom, then it's back into bed, and shortly after, back to sleep. Even so, I find I don't wake feeling like I had any rest. Then, it's off to work, and by the time I get home, I'm so tired I can't do much of anything except vegetate or take a nap. Napping, however, means I will not sleep well again later, so the problem repeats.

I've gotten better, and I continue to work on it. In time it's just got to become a normal routine, I would think. Up early, work, home early, and off to bed early. But, for now, it's not routine, and I have to try and make the most of the time, the sleep, and how awake I am one day at a time.

Today wasn't the best for making the most out of my time. I did not sleep well at all last night, waking up about every hour, and having some issues getting back to sleep a few times. Rhonda commented this morning that I did pretty good at getting to bed on time last night. We have it figured for eight o'clock, which provides seven hours of sleep. But, it's usually closer to eight thirty or nine by the time the lights are off and we're sleeping. Even so, that's six hours of sleep, and that's about where things were at last night.

I tried to get to bed around eight, but it was closer to eight thirty by the time we got to bed, and I did here the chimes on the clock ringing on the hour, so still awake at nine. But I dozed off shortly after and got about six hours in. Unfortunately, I was up so often last night, that Rhonda figured about three hours sleeping and three hours of tossing, turning,running to the bathroom, getting a drink, etc....

So, this afternoon I was pretty run down and tired. I've been short on sleep all week, especially when my days off got messed up and I ended up working on one of them. By today, it was hitting hard and I just could not keep my eyes open. I came home with plans to change out the headlights on my vehicle, then get something to eat, and settle in here for the afternoon.

But by the time I got home I was famished, so I ate a quick meal of leftovers. I got online while I ate, and checked a few sites, but by the time I finished eating, I was so tired, I didn't feel like doing anything. I found myself dozing off while online, and decided I wouldn't get anything done at this rate, so I may as well take a nap.

A short nap would be fine, so I set the alarm for one and a half hours, tucked myself in, and dozed right off. I slept hard, too. So hard, in fact, that I did not hear the alarm go off. My one and a half hour nap turned into three hours, and upon waking I felt so groggy and out of it, I still wasn't able to do much. That's my other problem, I either can't sleep when I try to nap, or if I do, it's very sound and I can't get myself to wake back up.

I did, however, get the headlights changed, and then I settled in here and got this entry written. Now, it's time for Rhonda to get off work, and in a half hour she should be on her way home. That means I won't get to bed until ten or later, but luckily I don't have to be up quite as early tomorrow. Six should be fine for getting up and getting to work on time for a Sunday, so I can still get a good night of sleep in. If I can sleep after my three hour nap, that is.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828629-Saturday