*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/830189-The-Return-of-the-Weather-Witch
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#830189 added October 6, 2014 at 1:21pm
Restrictions: None
The Return of the Weather Witch
What are the chances of crossing the Atlantic from New York and arriving to English rain FOUR times in succession? *Rolleyes* . Everyone keeps telling me what a beautiful, warm and dry September it's been here and how it changed dramatically just as the QM2 docked early on Saturday morning. It seems my powers as a weather witch are alive and well. I think I should be employed and paid to vacate the country whenever a change in the weather is needed.

But you know I'm not one to complain and after more than a month of mainly glorious sunshine in the USA I will resist for the moment. Just get on with unpacking, washing and ironing all those summer clothes and hunt out the sweaters, boots, socks, scarves and gloves for the start of the season I love to hate. I notice the shops are already full of all the crap that comes with it. *Sick*

It's been a long, eventful and interesting trip. I won't pretend I've enjoyed every minute for various reasons too lengthy to describe here, but there have been some very enjoyable days as well as some hilarious and traumatic moments. I hope to compose a few random entries at some stage once the chaos of returning home after such a long time calms down. Hundreds of photos will need sorting and hopefully posting somewhere online that is easily accessible to others.

But for the moment it's a case of adjusting to the weather, resuming routine and catching up with family, friends and appointments. No doubt the trip will seem like a surreal dream within a few days, but at present I'm grateful we survived the whole thing and most of our possessions are still in one piece. I'm not sure how many brain cells I've lost along the way however, but I doubt anyone will notice the difference.

© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/830189-The-Return-of-the-Weather-Witch