*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
19
21
22
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/831917-Life-Without-Technology-Best-Moment-Celebrity--Gratitude
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#831917 added October 21, 2014 at 7:24pm
Restrictions: None
Life Without Technology, Best Moment, Celebrity & Gratitude
Today's blogs....

BLOG CITY – Day 232


Prompt:If all tablets and smart phones ceased working, how much impact would this have on your daily life and routines.

Oh, Mitch. You are seriously mean with this prompt. First thing I would do is rant and rave, then cry and grieve... then after a little snack of something chocolatey to soothe my soul, I would grab my notebook, my pen, my calendar and my latest group of reading material (I prefer physical books and magazines) and stage a write in – old school style. I would survive.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality - Week Forty - Four


5. If you had to pick just one moment in your life that could be labelled the 'best moment ever', which would it be and why?

This is a hard prompt. What I should say is my wedding, but I don't feel I want to focus on any one moment. My husband and I have taken many trips and had a wealth of experiences that all could constitute 'best moments ever'. High on the list are a carriage ride through the streets of Niagara on the Lake, snorkeling in underwater caves in Mexico and flying over the Grand Canyon.
I am still inclined to say the best is still yet to come, not to downplay the joy I have experienced so far, but to know that more such moments will come. Each will take my breath and bring a smile that lights my whole body. Each will be new and delightful. shared and honoured. No matter what the moment is, it is lifted to extraordinary when it can be shared.
Here's to the past and to the future moments to come. Here's to a fulfilled life lived to the edges and beyond.

7. Who is your favorite celebrity and why?

This is another good question. All afternoon, I have let this play in my mind and I keep coming back to Sandra Bullock. She just seems to authentic and real. Not caked up or fake. She lives by her own standards without the need to call a whole lot of attention to herself. She takes on roles that speak to her and often goes for the more humourous roles. I happen to love those kind of stories. While You Were Sleeping, The Proposal and Miss Congeniality are probably my favourite movies.

Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge


Prosperous Snow celebrating is talking about her Gratitude challenge she is taking part in over the next 95 days. She is also talking about morning routines.

I like the gratitude aspect. I think it is important to practice gratitude as it opens yourself up to the small things and to the things that are important. I like the idea of reviewing your day before going to be and giving thanks for 5 things you are grateful for... I also say thanks whenever I get green lights. I used to have a gratitude journal and recorded each night before bed. Being grateful requires active participation is practicing gratitude regularly.

For me today... I would be grateful for the health of myself and my loved ones. I am grateful for a good cup of coffee as well (I had one this morning, but now I am spending the night at my mother's and she is more of a tea drinker - I like tea, but right now I would love another coffee). I am grateful for the time I have to write and play with words. I am grateful for such a wonderful writing communities like Writing.com. I am also grateful for sites like 750words.com that motivate me to come and write each and every day - I am on a writing streak of 204 days. That is a minimum of 30 minutes of writing a day. I am grateful for being able to teach.

As for morning routines. I find, not having a regular schedule throws me off. I make sure turning on the television does not happen until after 3 pm. If I put it on before that I will do very little - less writing or anything else that needs doing. I often fall asleep as the boredom sets in.



© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/831917-Life-Without-Technology-Best-Moment-Celebrity--Gratitude