*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/832007-Wednesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#832007 added October 22, 2014 at 10:44pm
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
Not doing very well at writing in my journal daily, but it will get better. I did have two days off, and had planned to get in here and write in my journal, as well as work on some items for my port. But, something came up at work and I had to drop everything and run and take a statement, as well as investigate an incident at work. Unfortunately the monitoring system is down so I couldn't watch the recording, but it should be fixed in the next couple of days, then I can review the incident and make any corrections and or additions to my report.

Today was a bit better, no work. But I did have an appointment to see my doctor and that took a big chunk of my afternoon. I went over everything with an intern, then got to see my regular doctor. I have seldom been impressed with interns, but this young lady had a wonderful bedside manor, listened and even had a nice sense of humor. She was also very pretty, which also made the visit more pleasant, and she worked well with the doctor and nurse.

Even so, I never did get an actual verdict for what is wrong. They confirmed the allergy problem, but then they also agreed there was an infection in the sinuses and throat. I was asked about contact with strep, and they also seemed in agreement that my breathing was not up to par, and there was wheezing and rasping in my lungs. But with all the talking about everything, not one word was actually spoken about what I had and was being treated for. That's typical for my doctor, she seldom says you have a sinus infection, or a cold, or what have you. She will tell you what may be the culprit, she will test and poke and prod, and then she will prescribe a treatment, but she just wont come out and say you have somethingasitis. The closest she comes when asked directly is to relate a similar case that someone recently had, no names, of course, and that you likely have the same thing, and this was the treatment that helped this person, so it should help you.

I was told that if I did not see marked improvement in the next three to four days that I needed to get my butt right back over there, no delays. I have also been given this same treatment once before, many years ago. I was put on a strong antibiotic, I was also put on a steroid treatment, and I was prescribed an oral inhaler. The last time I had this combination of treatment, I was very ill with pneumonia. This is what Rhonda believed I had before going in to see the doctor, and it seems a lot like it was before. I just hope this stuff takes care of things and I can begin to feel better soon. I've been sick now for two months, and it only gets worse.

But, I'm heavily medicated now, and I foresee a fast and full recovery. Soon, I will be bright eyed and bushy tailed again, and then I can get on with my writing.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/832007-Wednesday