*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
19
21
22
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/833143-Cruel-To-Be-Kind
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#833143 added November 3, 2014 at 11:00am
Restrictions: None
Cruel To Be Kind
Today's blogs...

Blog City – Day 245


Prompt: Have you ever been cruel to be kind? For example, have you told someone the truth, knowing you would upset them? If you don’t want to write about yourself, you can always generalize.

Could this also be telling them a lie to make them go away for there own good? Not that I have done such a thing but I have scene it happen in movies or read it in stories where a lover has told their sweetheart they really don't love them or they don't love them anymore in order to save them from a life that the lover thinks they can't handle or a life the lover can't handle if they were to get hurt or killed. Spiderman comes to mind.

In my own story, that I am working on I have a character bring a date to their usual get together. It is a chance to see if he does not ask her own and make his move, then she will go on and find someone else. His sister points out that no other man will permit her to continue the 'friendship' they have developed as it is rippling with sexual energy. She tells him he needs to make a choice: either let her go or do something about his feelings. Stop hiding behind the pain of his past and go for it.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality - Week Forty - Six


Has not yet posted any of their prompts yet so I will have to add this in later.

© Copyright 2014 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/833143-Cruel-To-Be-Kind