*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/834967-Happy-American-Thanksgiving-Weddings--I-Love-Lucy-Moments
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#834967 added November 27, 2014 at 9:30am
Restrictions: None
Happy American Thanksgiving, Weddings & I Love Lucy Moments
Today's blogs...

Blog City – Day 269


No Prompt. Happy Thanksgiving! Love: Megan

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends. Up here in the wilds of Canada we are just enjoying the day as any old Thursday - having done our Thanksgiving in October, but it is always nice to be thankful at any time. I am thankful for my friends at WDC - for their kind hearts and encouragement.

Personally I will be avoiding the malls this weekend. Black Friday has leached into Canada like a plague and it always amazes me that such a loving, thankful caring holiday is followed by the chaos and craziness of a shopping freak out like Black Friday. Nutty, really.

I am just thankful I don't work in retail anymore and for those who do 'be careful out there'. For those planing on going shopping... take a peace of the season with you and be kind to one another. The sale is really not worth the fist fight or the yelling. This time next year it will be on the junk shelf anyway.

Enjoy the day. Enjoy your family and travel safe. Let stress be gone. Bless you all.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality – Week Forty – Nine


4.Tell us about your favourite wedding (it can't be your own) and why you liked it so much.

A favourite wedding... weddings are happiness and love. Families coming together for a new bridge of connection and love. It is a time to rejoice and make merry. I do not really have a favourite wedding, but I would probably say it would be my Auntie Kay and Uncle John's - it was July 15, 1972 (I believe). It was the first wedding I ever went to, I think. I was their flower girl dressed in a long dress of white with blue flowers and a blue satin sash. I remember all the fussing to put baby's breath in our hair. I got to wear my hair down. My mother and her older sister Evelyn had their hair up in puffy beehive dos. The seventies of style. Yuck.

A lot of my memories are now held in photographs. There is one picture of my father asking me if I wanted to go home later in the evening and I am considering with my finger at my mouth. I am smiling with my two front teeth missing. I remember the answer was 'no'.
I do not remember the actual ceremony or much of the adult stuff, but as a kid I think I had a marvelous time. I probably even got to dance with my Daddy - standing on his feet as he shuffled about.

Of my mother's family it was the only wedding I got to experience before any of my cousins started to get married - and that was not for a few years anyway. There is only 5 years between my Aunt and my first cousin. I believe everyone in our family made it, except my mother's brother - apparently he did not go to anybody's wedding. A meshing of my Uncle's big Italian family and our white Anglosaxon side - or as Uncle John would say - WOPS and WASPS (White Anglosaxon Protestants) - I am not sure what the wops stood for but the adults thought it funny.

It was in Guelph at the Italian Canadian Club. An Italian wedding celebration - lots and lots of food and different courses. I would not be surprised if I was full after the pasta course - I was only 5 and certainly not a big eater.

My aunt and uncle, despite a few bumps in the road, are still together after 42 years. Their oldest son got married this past September.

5.Tell us about your last "oopsie" moment.

I have a lot of these... one writer I like, Jill Shalvis, refers to these as her 'I Love Lucy' moments. My husband refers to them as 'the Carolyn Effect' which is both endearing and annoying.

I frequently break things or have something malfunction just because I have been in contact with it. Things just happen.

One day I thought I had not had one of my grocery items not put in my bag. I looked all over and could not locate it. When my husband asked what I was up to, I told him and right after I realized there were two more bags I had brought in and not emptied - I had put them on the other side of my kitchen and forgot about them. After that he continued to mock me by saying 'you sure you didn't leave that at the store'.

We keep him around because he is good at fixing things.... and I kinda love him, too.


© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/834967-Happy-American-Thanksgiving-Weddings--I-Love-Lucy-Moments