*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836155-Steaming-hot
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#836155 added December 14, 2014 at 2:00am
Restrictions: None
Steaming hot
I have experienced a different slant on the Christmas story. There is a manger and a place of straw that could at any time be caught on fire. I consider the various persons that might attend to such a scene. Who would even have a creative sense to know what to do with these things, so that people might know what it means to do things in the name of God? I for one have a vast array of possibilities in mind.

There is the farmer who knows that in time they will be used. It is all about practicality. To do things in the name of God means there will be a feeding trough for an animal in the stable and straw to nestle upon.

There is the spiritually minded person of the time that passes by and is glad that they are not needing to take care of an animal on the Sabbath. They would rather go to church or prepare for it than be bothered with such nonsense.

God looks at it differently. There are possibilities here. What if the Son of God were to be laid in a manger filled with hay? All depends on determining what we do with some straw and a manger. It can seem easy to do things in the name of God. My take on it is that some things that people do in the name of God make for a steaming hot reality check. What would you do if a manger and straw were given to you?

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836155-Steaming-hot