*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836550-Bake-me-a-cake
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#836550 added December 18, 2014 at 6:20pm
Restrictions: None
Bake me a cake

Prompt: Someone is baking a cake for you in the shape of six books. Name the books you would choose for the cake.

The first one would be MY novel The Vanishing of Katherine Sullivan The second would be Lord of the Rings (even though I've never actually read the books) The third would be Deception Point by Dan Brown and the fourth I guess would be Shanna.  The fifth would be Term Limits by Vince Flynn. The sixth would be Mind Games by Christine Feehan. 

I have read so many books in a variety of genres that its hard to pick 6 other than my own.  What would be the criteria? Most read? Then, since i very rarely read a book twice much less three times it would be The Mistress of Mellyn by Victoria Holt. Its the only one I remember reading over a number of times. I was young and it was the first real GOTHIC ROMANCE i'd ever read. 

I'm not sure what I would pick as the next criteria? I chose LOTR because I love the cover and the characters (in the movies) Its a classic. There are many books I think are classic and could make a long list. I also think most are still advised reading in Lit class in schools today.  Deception Point is a book I've read parts of a few times over. Its the way he wrote the book. The twist, the mystery of how it would end. It kept me reading. rather listening. I would sometime find myself not able to get out of the car since it was on CD. I recommend this book to many people as I think its his best book. Better than Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons. I wish he'd go back to writing like his first two books. The last 2 were abominable.

Shanna is an all time classic love/mystery story written by another classy woman, Katherine Woodiweiss. No I didn't name my book after her. Maybe there was a subliminal thought but it wasn't intentional.  This book has conflict, conflict and more conflict. Just when you think its resolved Shanna makes a change and Roark just bides his time. Interspersed is a murder mystery. Clues are given. There is a Chekov's gun but so skillfully placed you have no idea until the murder is revealed who it is. Maybe not Chek's gun, but the murderer is placed with clues you don't see until he is revealed. Did I say he? oh well one clue is thrown to the audience.

There you have it. I love a book with a twist. Something that keeps me reading, conflicts that have me wondering what is really going to happen next.  Like the movie DEVIL I love the ending where ALL the loose ends are tied and I sat there in awe of a well crafted storyline. Movie was a little gory, but the story line was infallible.

I have a story like that, I have the beginning, start of the middle but am missing the end of the middle and the beginning of the wrap up. Maybe I should skip the middle and just write the beginning and the end, Call it a short story. HA HA HA! 


© Copyright 2014 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836550-Bake-me-a-cake