*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836554-Fire-in-the-hole
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#836554 added December 18, 2014 at 1:55am
Restrictions: None
Fire in the hole
It was such a strange eerie thing to go up to my work computer and be told that I could not do what I had done so many times before. It is such a new experience. In times past something like that would have meant nothing. I was not able to stay on the computer long enough to experience anything going wrong. Now the technology makes you feel like you are somehow honored to have access. Thus if access is denied for whatever reason it feels like you have been kicked out of paradise, with no hopes of getting back in.

This was on the heels of talking with a manager at work and hearing a story about being married to a mother who tried to kill her numerous times. She also talked about witnessing her mother kill men, blood and gore included. The underlying current was that by the grace of God she is able to persist and survive. She talked about kinship with her son and renewed confidence that took place because of God's love for her.

It seemed like it was delivered just in time for Christmas. A living Christmas card. She confronted her mom about her alcohol problem and mom got her life back. She dealt with a lot of sickness and yet at the end she died with hands folded and a face that finally found peace.

God is good. I find myself wondering why God sends these people into my life. All I know to do is share about them.

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836554-Fire-in-the-hole