*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837136-The-day-after-Christmas
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#837136 added December 26, 2014 at 1:25pm
Restrictions: None
The day after Christmas
I have been dealing with a bit of a down turn to start the day. I wonder what the poem about the night before Christmas might mean in the context of writing about the day after Christmas. It is obviously a different day. The gifts planted like seeds become the foretaste of becoming something that someone was not before. There is also a sense in which the person who wondered about what would happen has dealt with what is real. Next year there will be more of the same anticipation. It is all related to the coming of something from heaven that was unexpected. Once seen the lives of the ones touched can never be the same.

My favorite gifts were food out of the manger of delight. I was happy to receive Merry Christmas notes from family and friends. I survived the day. I even thrived and enjoyed the cooking of my wife and the ambiance of caring in my caregiving job. The spirit of the holiday caught me. I heard the Christmas songs and realized that the celebration of someone coming is very real. God sent someone to teach us that the same someone can work through us.

I await the infilling of God. May that same experience move me to share with others that God's gift of presence is the greatest gift. One can never be the same. I do not like the feeling of emptiness I feel. I pray that in time I will learn that emptiness is not necessarily bad. It is a reminder of the fact that the manger needed filling and in being filled with the baby Jesus there was more than enough to feed a waiting and hungry world.

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837136-The-day-after-Christmas