*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837428-Day-92-of-My-95-Day-Gratitude-Challenge
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#837428 added December 31, 2014 at 11:29pm
Restrictions: None
Day 92 of My 95-Day Gratitude Challenge
'Idal (Justice), 1 Sharaf (Honor), 171 BE - Wednesday, December 31, 2014
Day 92 of My 95-Day Gratitude Challenge
New Year's Eve and The End of One Gregorian Year

December Thirty-First

“Tonight’s December thirty-first,
Something is about to burst.
The clock is crouching, dark and small,
Like a time bomb in the hall.
Hark, it's midnight, children dear.
Duck! Here comes another year!”

Ogden Nash, Collected verse from 1929 on

*Coffee* This morning I am thankful that this is the last day of 2014 and that a New Gregorian Year begins at midnight. I can now begin looking at my achievements of the past few months and begin planning for the coming Baha'i year which begins on March 21.

*Coffeebl* This morning I am grateful for sunnystarr's response to the e-mail I sent yesterday containing the "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for December 31, 2014 because this response gives me something to think about while planning for the New Year of 172 BE coming in March.

"Yes I agree. You can go forward living in the past but you can only live for the day you have so you might as well enjoy the day you have although looking to the future may be good and you have a goal to head towards but you can only live in the day that you are in so enjoy the day you are living in now!"
Sunny

*Coffeegr* This afternoon I am thankful that my glaucoma is stable and has not progressed any further. I can only hope and pray that in the New Gregorian Year I will be able to find someway to purchase glasses.

*Coffeep* This afternoon I am grateful that my Bank of America checking account is not overdrawn today.

*Coffeet* This evening I am thankful that I was able to make an entry in Poet999 - A Butterfly Emerges From Her Cocoon  .

*Coffeeb* This evening I am grateful that I made my review goal for today.

*Coffeeg* This evening I am thankful that I am invited to my grandnieces baby shower on Saturday, February 28, 2015 from 1:00 to 3:00 pm.It is a pot luck so I'll have to figure out something to take. I also need to go to either Target or Walmart, where my grandniece is registered to purchase a gift or perhaps I'll just take a couple of packages of diapers.

*Coffeeo* This evening I am grateful that I sent Fivesixer the following prompts for the January official "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS.

Prompt 1: On the morning of ....., I suddenly realized that ....
Prompt 2: "I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts. That hope always triumphs over experience. That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death." - Robert Fulghum
Prompt 3: When in doubt take action!

*Coffeer* This evening I am thankful that I have 419,142 GPs in my writing.com Gift Points account. I need only 80,358 GPs to purchase a 3-month premium membership before March 31, 2015.

*Coffeey* This evening I am grateful that I can go to bed before midnight Pacific Standard Time. The neighbors may wake me up celebrating the New Year, but at least I will get a little bit of sleep before they wake me up.


© Copyright 2014 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837428-Day-92-of-My-95-Day-Gratitude-Challenge