*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837502-Another-One-Bites-the-Dust
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#837502 added December 31, 2014 at 7:18pm
Restrictions: None
Another One Bites the Dust
I'm not just tired, I'm exhausted to the point where sleep barely makes any difference. I'm no fan of Christmas or New Year as you probably already know, but I have a stubborn streak which refuses to be sensible and head for bed before the clock strikes twelve. Anyway, fireworks would no doubt prevent sleep as the carefree revellers out there celebrate. I hate the fact I cannot think positively about a new year as I don't remember the last one that didn't involve at least one major trauma.

Hubby has managed to slowly and painfully ascend the stairs with the aid of crutches. I have taken a flask, bottles of water, a hot water bottle and the other bottle he may need in the night as accessing the loo is going to be difficult. I have helped him undress and get into bed and I can only hope he'll get some healing sleep.

Another severe Staphylococcus infection and six weeks in hospital has taken its toll. He has returned with more medication and physical aids than ever before and the house already looks like something from a geriatric ward. It's most depressing. He looks gaunt and has no appetite. His knee is still extremely swollen and his mobility severely limited. He can do very little, so after six weeks of running back and forth to hospital, coping with a family Christmas and running a home single handed I now find myself chief carer yet again.

I make no resolutions other than finding someone who can explain why he keeps getting these awful debilitating infections and what can be done about it. Hospitals don't ask questions about how discharged patients will cope at home or the effect it may have on carers. I am not convinced they have completely got rid of the infection and live in fear of the next one. This isn't right or fair.

So, my last moan of the year and I can't promise there will be any less in the year to follow. But I won't think ahead. One day at a time and this one is over. Just enough strength left to raise a glass and hope things will improve.

Good wishes to you all. Cheers.

© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837502-Another-One-Bites-the-Dust