*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837706-Creation-Saturday--Nightly-Routines
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#837706 added January 3, 2015 at 6:56am
Restrictions: None
Creation Saturday & Nightly Routines
Today's blogs....

30 Day Blogging Challenge – Jan. 3


Creation Saturday - Creation Saturday: Concoct secret plans.

I decided to combine this with the Daily Flash fiction contest so that I have an entry for I Write - December, January, February this week. I have been negligent over Christmas and was not able to get up the gumphon to submit anything for the last two weeks. Now I need to to stay in the running. So here is my wee attempt at secret plans.... I have no idea what they are.... but they are important and secretive.

Flash fiction Prompt - Prompt for 1/3
Write a story that includes the line: "Get out and don't come back"


He handed me the packet and looked me dead in the eye. In a voice horse with disuse and caution he whispered, "get out and don't come back."

I took the packet and nodded.

"You must make it to the Embassy. Get out.... and don't come back." With a final look, he nodded then turned and headed back the way he had come his body making his progress slow. It was almost painful to watch.

I fought the urge to call him back. To tell him to come with me, but I knew it would be pointless. I needed to move and swiftness was my friend, he would only slow me down and that would jeopardize the mission.

I slipped the packet into the inside of my jacket and headed into the shadows. Keeping to the edges of the darkness that kept me hidden from view.

Several times I stopped to let the sound of sirens build and my tensions with it, but as they passed and their screeching fell away, I resumed my pace and my heart settled back into its already heightened rhythm.

I had almost made it to the Embassy when I heard footsteps in a rapid staccato behind me. With a final jolt of adrenaline, I leaped into a run. Fearing that looking back would be my undoing. I screamed for the guards to let me through. I waved my passport.

Shots fired and I felt the searing heat of a bullet pierce my upper arm. I kept running. The guards took aim and fired back at my assailant.
Another bullet torn into my leg and I stumbled. The closest guard grabbed me and pulled me into the compound.

"I need to get out and never come back," I whispered as darkness began to close over me.

"You'll make it." I heard just as I let myself go.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 305


Prompt:Tell us about your night routine. What is one thing you could never imagine changing about it?

Night routine... the only thing I would not change is getting into bed and closing off the lights so I can settle in to sleep. I have no problems with falling asleep.

My only touch of anxiety comes when my husband is on nights and is not in the house. Then I need to turn on the TV before I turn out the lights so that it acts as a 'night light'. I turn the volume way down, say 'God will keep me safe." and then I roll over, flip out the bedside light and drift off. It was easier when we still had the dog, but the only thing I changed was saying "God will keep us safe" to use myself. I often add to make sure my husband gets home safely as well.

I used to have a routine of washing my face and brushing my teeth, but sometimes I am just too tired to do all that... I do the basics and leave it at that.


© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837706-Creation-Saturday--Nightly-Routines