*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838051-Leaders-are-born-or-made
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#838051 added January 6, 2015 at 5:38pm
Restrictions: None
Leaders are born or made?
What would make an effective leader? Which characteristics, do you think, a good, effective leader should have?  
A leader is a servant to the group. This person knows the scope of the group, its goals, strengths and weaknesses. A leader makes sure everyone in the group is heard no matter what is said. No question or suggestion is too stupid. Even if they are a leader will make the person feel it was ok to say it, even when it wasn't received well. If others begin to make fun of the speaker, a leader will nip the comments and keep the group on track. They will let it be known, intolerance will not be tolerated.
A leader will guide the group to a common place all at one time and not move so far ahead of the group acting alone. As an example I will tell a personal story. I had a pastor who isn't known for his good driving skills. At 70+ I chose to drive myself to a meeting. I was following him and he knew it. He took a way I wasn't familiar with. He had to merge into a heavy traffic lane that eventually accessed to a freeway.  No minding that not only was I following, but he didn't mind the traffic. He drove along side the lined up cars and eventually pushed his way into the line while cars honked and gave him hand gestures. I was granted entrance by a nice person.  He didn't wait to see if I got on the freeway, but hurried on to the meeting. Eventually after a phone call and directions I arrived.  My comment to him was, "You make a great pastor but a terrible leader."  One never should be so far ahead of those following that they can't be seen or heard.

My daughter is an Admin assistant. What she sees in the groups she has to admin for is unbelievable. No one cares for anyone but their own friends. All others are just there for their existence. Leaders can be made if they want to be made. I don't think they are born leaders. Environment over genetics.

© Copyright 2015 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838051-Leaders-are-born-or-made