*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838648-Mother-Goose-Advice--5-Books-To-A-Desert-Island
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#838648 added January 14, 2015 at 10:08pm
Restrictions: None
Mother Goose, Advice & 5 Books To A Desert Island
Today's blogs..

Blog City – Day 316


Prompt: You are transported to the land of Mother Goose and nursery rhymes for the weekend. What happened? Write a story, poem or what ever you want about this.

Thoughts of the movie "Into The Woods" float through my mind as I read this prompt. Shows like Once Upon A Time also come to mind. So where do I go with this prompt?

Mother Goose... three little kittens have lost their mittens and they begin to cry.... Would I be a little kitten, helping to wash those mittens so that I too can have some pie? Or would I be an extra, accepted amongst my fellow Goosies moving from children's poem to poem, experiencing the world of Mother Goose?

I believe I would be a shape shifter changing into various characters joining in with the fun. Accepted within the group. Rollicking within the fun. Speaking in poetic verse as I move along merrily down the brook. Merrily, merrily, merrily merrily life is but a dream.

Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge - Warchest Wednesday


What is the one piece of advice you have received that you'll always carry with you?

I try to live by the idea that positivitiy brings and attacks more positivity into your life. Negativity only breeds more of itself so why go there. Who told me this? I am not sure. Probably Oprah or someone she interviewed.

Many people I admire support the idea that good things come when you are open and accepting of them. Julia Cameron (The Artist's Way) talks of Synchronicity - things you want being brought forth into your life simply by affirming them. Joel Osteen talked of a similar concept this past Sunday in his sermon 'Say So' - speaking declarations over your life and soon those things will come to be... this is true of negative or positive thoughts so it would be far better to focus on the more positive energies and bring better to your life. I believe the book The Secret discussed the same sort of force - we attract what we affirm and want in our lives. We get more of what we focus on... so focus on the good, the positive and it will come, in good time.

In my dealings within the classroom, I talk of staying positive and trying in all things. Our first attempt is not expected to be brilliant, but to try and attempt the challenge says more about the child than hanging back and letting fear hold you captive. Take a chance. Providing an environment where children can try without condemnation is a challenge I see as important. All students deserve the opportunity to try and if they fail, they learn to pick themselves up, assess the situation and try again. Their peers encourage the trials... it is a learning process, not a laughter forum. We are all in the same boat.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality - Week Fifty - Six


6. What five books would you bring with you to a desert island?

To be limited to five would be difficult - internet and a Kobe eBook reader would be such and asset but I am thinking the internet access is a bust and Powerups would not be available, so I need to think physical books. Writer references would be welcome - question is which one? I have recently started The Gotham Writer's Workshop or would an old standby be better - Immediate Fiction, perhaps. Well I'll take both for now.

A romance novel by Jill Shalvis would be welcome - for rereading, but also as writing reference. Her writing style and grasp of the romance genre are inspiring.

I would need a notebook and pens - a very thick notebook.... one does not know how long we will be on this desert island.

A book of writer prompts might be lovely as well.

That's my five.

© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838648-Mother-Goose-Advice--5-Books-To-A-Desert-Island