*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838891-How-are-you
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#838891 added January 18, 2015 at 2:06am
Restrictions: None
How are you?
I have made it through another day. My sister texted me and asked if I was ok. I guess it all depends on what she means and how I interpret what she means.

We have had a closeness between us that can only be described as nurturing. When I was going through the most difficult time in my life she was there supporting me, even as others were having trouble believing anything good could come out of the depression that I had been feeling.

Having experienced the loss of my mother four months ago has revived some of the concerns that I thought I had left behind. Mom and dad are dead. I have no one to call who is in a parental role. For much of my life I assumed that role as the oldest of eight.

Maybe my sister Kim was one of those who knew that I had a reason for being there even if I could not always be above all negative feelings. My response to her was that I was stressed. It felt good to know somebody really cared. That was all I really needed.


HOW ARE YOU?*Cool*

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838891-How-are-you