*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839238-No-Trip
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#839238 added January 22, 2015 at 12:32pm
Restrictions: None
No Trip
Things progress very slowly with hubby's knee, but at least things are going in the right direction. He will eventually need a knee replacement, but not until things are much improved which won't be in the near future.

The friends we travel to America with dropped in yesterday. Their son who lives over the pond has recently moved from Philadelphia to Tucson, Arizona to start a new job. They are keen to see the new home and their grandchildren so informed us they have booked another voyage on the QM2 in late August. Sadly, this will be the first time we won't be joining them. Even if hubby was fit enough, it's too soon after the last trip, we can't afford it and there's a question mark over whether we'd go on the boat again as hubby isn't very keen on it. Come August I'm sure I'll be feeling very envious and sad to be missing our now familiar routines on board. But one day at a time and all that.

The furthest I'm travelling at present is the local supermarket and with hubby's immobility and snow on the ground I can't see things changing for a while. My sis came over for a visit and I'm hoping for a day out with my gals before too long or I might just lose my last marble. But January is romping along despite the restrictions. Not my favourite month of the year, but I was reminded the other day that Elvis would have turned 80 earlier this month. The mind boggles.

So talk of trips to the States and Elvis reminded me I still haven't finished posting my photos from the last trip, which seems a lifetime ago, but surprisingly is only just over three months since we arrived back. Funny thing time isn't it?

Here's a link to my Memphis album. Best viewed as a slideshow.


https://picasaweb.google.com/Eyupmeduck/Memphis2014?authuser=0&feat=directlink

© Copyright 2015 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839238-No-Trip