*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839246-Opinions-Wonderful-Days--My-Event-To-Witness-From-History
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#839246 added January 22, 2015 at 1:51pm
Restrictions: None
Opinions, Wonderful Days & My Event To Witness From History
Today's blogs....

30 Day Blogging Challenge – Opinion Thursday


Prompt for January 22, 2015:Today I'm throwing something out there - winging it. I've heard it said that, "Opinions are like @$$holes, everybodies got one." One of my favorite uncles shared (with me) his secret way of responding to anyone who shared any kind of an opinion with him. After patiently listening, he would look straight back in the persons eyes and say, "So what." Think about this happening to you...
The assignment
Nasty uncle Harold just responded to your opinion with a deadpan "So what." How do you respond in return? or What's your opinion on opinions?


Well if I gave Uncle Harold one of my opinions it would probably be for a good reason. If I knew he acted this way, I might be inclined to say nothing much to him considering his attitude. If I did share something, I would probably press him for his own opinion and maybe even deadpan "So what" back at him. I would avoid politics and religion at all cost and only give opinions I truly had passion behind; overwise, why bother. He's just an ass.

Some people gotta have a say in everything.... and that is fine, if they have something meaningful to say. If they are talking just to blow hot air, then I am not so interested in their views and may chose to tune them out..... And as the Madagascar penguin says, "Smile and nod, boys. Smile and nod." Then make my exit.



Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 324


Prompt: "Twilight again. Another ending. No matter how perfect the day is, it always has to end." Edward Do you ever wish certain days would never end? Why?

There is a sweetness in knowing you have had one of those rarely wonderful days. They don’t come often and when they do you need to appreciate their bounty. To hold on to it only steals away the delight and leaves it flat. To experience it we must just accept that β€˜this too shall pass’. Know that all things – the great to the mundane to the tragically terrible, all move through us and it order to enjoy the good bits we must experience them all. That way we are able to compare and appreciate when the great comes along.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality – Week Fifty – Seven


1. If you could have personally witnessed one event in history, what would you want to have seen?

Something good. I would want no violence and probably a celebration of something. The coming down of the Berlin Wall would be good. Overall, I would have to say this was a good thing. Families and friends reunited after years of division. Moments to remember fallen souls who tried and failed to escape. Celebration as the Cold War crumbles. A victory for humanity, one would hope.

Here's a little history:
http://www.history.co.uk/shows/the-rise-and-fall-of-the-berlin-wall/articles/his...
http://www.history.co.uk/shows/the-rise-and-fall-of-the-berlin-wall

News Broadcast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK1MwhEDjHg

The documentary - The rise and fall of the Berlin Wall - this is long, over an hour and a half, but interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK1MwhEDjHg

© Copyright 2015 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839246-Opinions-Wonderful-Days--My-Event-To-Witness-From-History