*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839290-rest
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#839290 added January 23, 2015 at 12:50am
Restrictions: None
rest
I woke up early to take my car to the shop. I left with a clock that was not working right and was unable to adjust it.

That seemed to be a theme for the day. Time stood still. I played with my kindle until I did not and rather than seek out other competition in word games I let it rest for the day.

I slept for a while and then went to see my good buddy Bill. There was conversation about finances and health. I was eating crackers and cheese while Bill shared his story and ended up giving me on of his books to read. Bill showed me impeccable health through the lens of blood work and then in the end said he was going to get cancer like everyone else in his family. I left a bit sad. His sister had tried to end her life a few days earlier because pain from cancer (she could not sleep). I could not help wondering what was going on with Bill. I let it rest.

I went to my caregiving assignment. I looked at what went on as a exercise in uncovering ritual and practice. I have been working for over a year with her and her husband. It has become more stressful of late. I heard her talk about doing away with the briefs and then watched her repeat a ritual that has kept her afloat for all this time. I was able to be effective by anticipating what she would do next. It was great learning. I left knowing that I could rest in knowing that I knew my client enough to be available to her.

The rest of the day was a divorce from writing and exercise. I will say gobbling some donuts earlier was a big mistake. I still wonder about the deflation madness that is escalating in New England with the Patriots. Maybe I need to take a sign of relief that I do not have to answer questions that seem to be anxious enough to debilitate and alienate even the best rest. Good night.
*Sleep*

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839290-rest