*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840043-Day-1-of-the-Musical-History-of-Snow-in-no-specific-order
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#840043 added February 1, 2015 at 12:51pm
Restrictions: None
Day 1 of the Musical History of Snow (in no specific order)
Sunday, February 1, 2015
Day 1 of the Musical History of Snow
(not in chronological order)


Central to the History of Snow is religion. I was born on December 24, 1946 into a Southern Baptist Family living in Blackwell, Oklahoma. I was baptized when I was in either grade school or junior high school (middle school) because most of my friends were going forward and being baptized. I believed in Christ and I still do; however, I changed religions a few years after I moved to Las Vegas. I became a Baha'i.

"The gift of God to this enlightened age is the knowledge of the oneness of mankind and of the fundamental oneness of religion".
Abdu'l-Baha

I became a Baha'i because I knew that the teachings of Baha'u'llah were from God. I became a Baha'i because I did not have to give up Christ to accept Baha'u'llah. I became a Baha'i because I believed in the Oneness of God, the basic Oneness of Religion (all religions come from the same God through different messengers), and the Oneness of humanity. I became a Baha'i because I had finally found a religion that I could accept without reservation.


The song We Are One represents my decision to change religions. This recording is by Dan Seals and I think (if I remember correctly) it was also recorded by Seals and Croft sometime in the twentieth century.

© Copyright 2015 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840043-Day-1-of-the-Musical-History-of-Snow-in-no-specific-order