*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840224-Monday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#840224 added February 3, 2015 at 12:11am
Restrictions: None
Monday
It went and got late on me --- now how did that happen?

Seriously, I had big plans to get in here today, early. But, I also had to do a bit of work, some of the, off the clock stuff on my day off. I had planned to get up real early and get it done. Last night ended up being a kind of late night, however, so I slept in a bit later. Then, this morning, I was so enjoying coffee with my wife, that I decided to have another cup before going in.

I did go in, but it was now late morning instead of early. No problems, though, the guard I was going in to review things with and do a bit of training did not know I was going to show up. We had a good review, did some training, answered questions and had a productive session.

Then, it was about time for his shift to end, and my wife's to begin. So I just stuck around and talked with him a bit. When Rhonda showed up, he left, and I went over a few training items with her, then talked for a few minutes before I left. Of course, it was lunch time now, and since it was my day off, and I was done with training, I could resort back to being a husband instead of a boss, and went and picked up lunch for us to enjoy together. I know, technically, no visitors at work, and now, that's what I was. Hell, even the boss has to stretch the rule once in a while.

Anyway, that put me home kind of late in the afternoon, and I was ready to dive into some off work stuff. But my headache was returning and I was much too tired. I decided I'd stretch out for a few minutes, and slept until about five. So much for today.

It was a good day. I just didn't get to my intended tasks. I wanted to get online and especially in here for a bit, then I wanted to put on some soothing music, pick through the notes I wrote last night at work, and try and get some work done on the story I kind of got started yesterday.

Yes, I started writing a short little story yesterday at work, and as I jotting it down, I continued to think of more content to add to it. I should have a pretty fair sized short story by the time I finish it. Now, I just have to make the time to do that, before it sits to long without being worked on.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840224-Monday