*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/841132-Wednesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#841132 added February 11, 2015 at 6:31pm
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
So far, I'm doing pretty good for the month. I know, the little calendar next door is indicating I missed the second, but it isn't so. I explained it in another post, but if you missed that, it's just because I'm in a different time zone and midnight comes a bit later here. I did get my post in before midnight my time, but it was after midnight WdC time and so it shows I missed.

It was my final day off for the week and a kind of cold day. It started out in the low twenties but has dropped slowly all day. It's down to ten degrees above zero, Fahrenheit that is. We had periods of light snow and then it would get sunny, then back to gray skies. The wind has also picked up, and we will have wind-chill advisories by nine o'clock tonight, lasting until about the same time tomorrow morning.

For a day off, it was alright. I did have some work to do, so it was interrupted around ten-thirty this morning. I had to go in and give the morning guard a verbal warning on being late, which is never very pleasant. He has been doing well, and it is his first tardy, so not real bad. But, since he opens, and if no one shows up, it costs our company a fine for not having someone there, it's serious enough that I had to go in and do a formal verbal warning.

He's planning on quitting later in the spring, and informed me of that today. It's not related to the late morning or the warning, he's just going to return to the job he was doing last fall. He was laid off for the winter and did not know if he would get the position again or not, but just found out he can if he wants it. Also, he is working on a business venture of his own and will be moving in the fall.

After going over his warning, I stuck around and waited for the next guard to come on duty. I had to do his yearly evaluation, and since I was already on site, I thought it was as good as time as any. He made a year on the fifth, so it's only a few days past the date, and since he works part-time, the first opportunity I had to go over it with him. I still have to fax everything to the office, and I will do that in just a little while.

I had my doubts about this guy and doubted he would make a year, but for the last couple of weeks he's been doing pretty good. I still have doubts that he will last until summer, but maybe, just maybe, he's made some positive changes and will stick it out. I gave him plenty of opportunities, but he just didn't show any change until now. I'll keep an eye on him, but I will also keep a positive outlook and hope he has figured it out.

Now, it's time to go work on dinner. I have a pork roast in the oven and need to get some of the side dishes going. We'll have some boiled potatoes with a rich gravy, beets, and I want to do up some fresh parmesan bread. I have an idea about doing a quick raising pizza crust dough, seasoning it with some basil and a three cheese blend. To finish it off, I'll heat up some leftover spaghetti sauce for dipping.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/841132-Wednesday