*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/841213-Thursday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#841213 added February 12, 2015 at 3:38pm
Restrictions: None
Thursday.
Boy am I beat! I think I would fall asleep if I sat here and closed my eyes for even two minutes. It's only two-thirty in the afternoon, way too early to be this damn tired. I suppose it's partly being back to work today after having a few days off. Sure, a little of it, but not all of it. I know the cold does a number on a person, too. And, it is cold today. the biggest factor is waking up so damn early this morning.

I didn't get to bed as early as I should have last night; the clock was just moving past nine when I got up to get ready. Then, I remembered I had forgotten. forgotten to send the fax to the office. I had gone into work and done an evaluation for one person and a corrective action for another, but had not stuck around to fax them. I figured it was taking up enough of my day off to do the paperwork and talk to the two guards as it was.


After I finally finished up, I took Rhonda over to the China Wok for some take-out, then we headed home. I had left my paperwork in the van when we got home, and then forgot all about it. Later that evening, I remembered, and asked Rhonda if she would grab it when she went out. Of course, she said she would, and then later, she did.

I completely forgot again, however, and did not send the fax after she brought my paperwork in. That is, until it was a half hour past our bedtime, then I remembered. But, since it was already past nine, I told Rhonda I would send them from work today. Even so, I still had to print off a page to go with the fax, and by the time everything was done, shut-down, and I was getting into bed, it was about ten o'clock.

Then it was straight to sleep, and I slept hard, too. Until about midnight, anyway, then I woke and had to go to the bathroom. But, after a few minutes I was not only back in bed, I was sleeping again, as well. I slept until about two, I would guess, then woke up and was not able to get back to sleep. I would just about get to sleep and something would disturb me and have me wide awake, again.

I thought about getting up, but I knew I would be very tired if I did. So, I snuggled and tried dozing off, only to find myself tossing and turning. I did eventually doze a bit, but I never did sleep sound again. Rhonda said she had the same problem, and I suppose we contributed to keeping the other awake some, with our tossing and turning. She figured it was because we had eaten a pretty big dinner, and we had eaten pretty late.

She's probably right, but that's just how it goes sometimes. It does make for a long day, however, even on the days like today, when I'm normally up at three. Now, I'm fighting the desire to take a nap, even though I know I would doze right off, and I would feel better after. Why? Because if I let myself take a nap, I'll probably sleep to long and won't get to bed on time again tonight.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/841213-Thursday