*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842688-Hearing-that-boom-badoom-boom-bass-with-Nicki-Minaj
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#842688 added February 27, 2015 at 2:34am
Restrictions: None
Hearing that boom badoom-boom bass with Nicki Minaj
** Image ID #2026596 Unavailable **



Song: "Super Bass"
Artist: Nicki Minaj
Album: Pink Friday

I'm not sure whether I'm proud or embarrassed by this fact, but I can sing the first part of this song (through about 1:15 or so) word-for-word. Whenever I listen to a catchy song like this, I usually go overboard and listen to it dozens and dozens of times, until part - if not all - of a song has been burned into my memory. I usually don't do well with fast-paced rap lyrics, but these ones stuck for some reason. Hey, if the adorable Sophia Grace and Rosie   can sing it (song starts at 3:30 if you don't want to see the whole interview), why can't I? *Laugh*

"Super Bass" is the fifth single from Minaj's debut album, Pink Friday. The album was quite successful, and she actually became the first female solo artist to have seven songs simultaneously on the Billboard Hot 100. This particular track debuted at #98 then jumped a staggering fifty spots the following week. It spent a total of 39 weeks on the Top 100, with 38 of those weeks inside the Top 50 with a peak position of #3. The single has been certified 8x platinum and has sold over five million digital downloads, the first for a female rapper.

I still listen to this song from time to time; it's so upbeat and fun it's sure to cheer me up on a down day.



© Copyright 2015 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842688-Hearing-that-boom-badoom-boom-bass-with-Nicki-Minaj