*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842689-A-life-for-rent-with-Dido
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#842689 added February 27, 2015 at 2:49am
Restrictions: None
A life for rent with Dido
** Image ID #2026596 Unavailable **



Song: "Life for Rent"
Artist: Dido
Album: Life for Rent

Are you one of those people with four or more names? Every once in a while, I'll run into someone with four or, even more rarely, five separate components to their name, like if they're married and kept their original first, middle, and last names... or if they're inheriting some complicated family naming scheme. But I think Dido might take the cake with six names. Her full name is Dido Florian Cloud de Bounevialle O'Malley Armstrong, which makes me feel incredibly sorry for her anytime she's filling out one of those forms where they have the little boxes for each letter. I bet she runs out of space every single time. *Laugh*

Most people are probably fans of Dido through the hits on her previous album No Angel, which featured "Here With Me" and "Thank You." I'm more of a fan of her follow-up album which has this song, though. It also has "White Flag" which is probably her biggest international hit. I think she has a wonderful voice that really conveys a lot of emotion. Her songs seem both hopeful and sad at the same time, which is a really hard thing to do, I think. Her voice has an almost haunting quality to it, and her original songs have made her one of my favorite British female musical artists. She also teamed up with an artist I blogged about just a few days ago, lending featured vocals to Eminem's song "Stan," and co-wrote Britney Spears' mega-hit, "I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman."



© Copyright 2015 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842689-A-life-for-rent-with-Dido