*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842727-I-swear-I-lived-with-OneRepublic
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#842727 added February 27, 2015 at 12:34pm
Restrictions: None
I swear I lived with OneRepublic
** Image ID #2026596 Unavailable **



Song: "I Lived"
Artist: OneRepublic
Album: Native

And this would be the entry where I seriously question my blog titling scheme of taking a lyric fragment and adding "with [artist]" at the end of it... *Laugh*

I had a really hard time picking which OneRepublic song to feature for today's entry. They have so many good songs! And you might think they have more than just the three studio albums they actually have, but that's because each album has had between four and six singles, most of which have charted. They've also recorded a number of non-album and promotional singles, guest spots on other artists' songs, not to mention lead man Ryan Tedder's prolific output as a songwriter and producer. You've probably heard his sound/stylings on a variety of albums including those from Madonna, U2, Adele, Beyonce, Maroon 5, Ariana Grande, Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Lopez, Leona Lewis, One Direction, Taylor Swift, and Gwen Stefani, among many, many others. Three of his songs (OneRepublic's "Apologize," Beyonce's "Halo," and Leona Lewis' "Bleeding Love") are on the list of the most popular songs of all time with more than seven million downloads each. During the last quarter of 2013 and first quarter of 2014, he charted four Top 40 hits. "Apologize" actually set a U.S. Top 40 Radio Airplay Record by being played 10,331 times in a single week. He later broke his own record when "Bleeding Love" was played 10,665 times in a single week.

Ryan Tedder is easily one of my favorite record producers, and I really like a lot of his OneRepublic songs. He's got a great sound and a wonderful way with lyrics.



© Copyright 2015 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842727-I-swear-I-lived-with-OneRepublic