*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842859-Whywhy-WHY
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1910923
Looks like I may have a ton of these, so this is collection 1 of Reflections
#842859 added February 28, 2015 at 6:00pm
Restrictions: None
Why?....why? ....WHY?!
"I love the phrase why is that" says David Feldman, the author of the "Imponderables" series of books. David believes there is no question too obscure or too broad to answer.
For me, I am basing the prompt question more in the terms of the intersection between your creativity and your knowledge.

What do you understand about this universe of ours that few others realize?

-------------------------------------------

Wow, that's deep.

I can't factually state what I presume to know more than most others in the world. I've no idea what 'few others realize'. But I can attest to what seems to be a lack of knowledge in my inner circle and amongst those I have come into close contact with.

Basically, it's the (to me) simple fact that there is no such thing as "too smart" or "too much knowledge". I have discovered a disconcerting trend in some older people, and even some younger people who have already decided they know enough to lead a comfortable life), where they have no interest in learning new things. Or, worse yet, opening their minds further to new ways of thinking and approaching certain subjects (insert homosexuality, business management, etc.).

The most blatant example of this right now in my life is my step-father. He....belittles (good-naturedly and all, but still) my love for the bookstore. He thinks it's boring and non-exciting. He admits to having nothing much to do with books and has absolutely no interest in reading. He can read and he's fairly intelligent, but this uber-country mindset of his tells me that more than anything, unless it has to do with select reality stars/celebrities, cars or the truck he drives, he's really not that interested in learning anything else.

Maybe it's because I'm so close but I find this to be a major theme in the afro-american and (some) low-middle class communities. Do you doubt this? Ask yourself, which do we have more of: Theatres vs. Bookstores......Strip clubs vs. Live Theatres.......Bars/Clubs vs. Live Music Venues/Museums......

Awfully troubling.

© Copyright 2015 A*Monaing*Faith (UN: afaith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
A*Monaing*Faith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842859-Whywhy-WHY