*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842880-Saturday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#842880 added February 28, 2015 at 7:18pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday
Rhonda's in the shower, dinners cooking, and I'm waiting to eat. So, with a few minutes to spare, I can log in, write a quick entry, and then go eat. After dinner, it's time to relax a little, then maybe a little ice cream and cake before turning in for the night. We get to sleep in a little tomorrow; Sundays were up at five, not three.

Monday we get to sleep even later, and likely wont get up until six, and the same for Tuesday and Wednesday. But for a while, they're not days off for either of us. This is the last night for our problem child, he quit Thursday knowing that he would get fired for coming in late, again. So, instead of coming in late, he called and left me a message that he quit.

He's right, he would have gotten fired, but I would have offered the opportunity to resign before terminating him. And, since we have one person on vacation, and another is out of the area for the rest of the week, I would have given him until the end of the week before he would have been out of work.

As it turned out, I called him and we talked a bit. He has found a different job and starts it on Monday. He could have given some notice, but he's kind of an inconsiderate brat. He's in his early twenties, but has the mentality of a twelve or fourteen year old kid. He is also not very honest, and he has a problem following procedure. Not that it's difficult, he just refuses to dress according to the dress code, and does little things wrong, just to do them wrong.

But, after talking with him, he did agree to finish out the week, and tonight will be his last day of working for us. I'm not sad to see him go, and he would have gone anyway. I'm not even surprised he picked the first day the other person was on vacation, and another guy was out of town for the week to quit on us. It's just his personality.

But, we will manage, even though both Rhonda and I will be working six days a week until we get someone hired. On top of that, we cannot get the same day off at all, just because of being so short on help again. But, I'm hopeful that we will find someone who is better suited for the work, and more flexible, too.

Now, I hear the shower has stopped, so it's time to finish up dinner, and eat.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842880-Saturday