*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843701-Time-Capsule-This-Weeks-Writingcom-to-do--Reflections
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#843701 added March 9, 2015 at 10:36pm
Restrictions: None
Time Capsule, This Week's Writing.com 'to do' & Reflections
Today's blogs...

Laura Pausini – You Are


Wanted a little sweetness added to my blog today...


Blog City – Day 370 – other prompt.


Prompt: What would you put in this year's time capsule to channel the essence of our current moment for future generations?

When I read this I can see a chest full of technology - a cell phone, a tablet, a laptop - things I know may not work in the future. But is that enough? Is that what I want future generations to know about my current moment? Being a writer, I would probably want to include a book of my own stories and poems that reflect my life and my times - those are the things I think would reach across the generations and resonate over the expanse of time.

What makes now so special from other points in time? List of favourite music and television programs. Music has defined a good part of my life - I can see my life as it moves through my childhood... singing 'One Tin Soldier' and 'Benny and the Jets' as a five year old, to the alternative artists of the 80's - Tears For Fears and Alphaville; to Christian music - Casting Crowns and Newsboys.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality – Week Sixty - Four


1. What's on your Writing.com 'to do' list for this week?

I need to enter the Paradise Cove Writing Contest which will allow me to have another week covered for the I Write - March, April, May contest edition that is focusing on romance and erotica for these next three months. I already have my story written. I just need to do more edits before I post.

Blogging for Blog City and Welcome To My Reality.

I need to post my goals in the Weekly Goals forum. This I did.... "*Target*Goals for the week of March 9 to 13, 2015."  

I have a few more poems I need to create and post for my Poetic Exploration, Session #2 workshop. I need to also do some reviews of my classmates poetic pieces.

Doing more reviews would be a good idea. I am already missing PatrickB and The of Criticism group.

3. Tell us something you have learned or a way your writing has improved since you joined Writing.com.

I like this prompt... it gives me a chance to reflect. Writing.com has become a big part of my writing life. I have developed my confidence level and have taken on challenges that have resulted in some winning pieces. I have met people who share my love of writing and that also bolsters my confidence and makes me feel like I have something to contribute.
Reviewing has helped me see where my weakness are in my stories and poetry and this has given me a chance to learn and grow as a writer. People are kind in their advise and constructive in their criticism - that has been greatly appreciated.
I find, in my own reviews, I try to be as kind in my advise and as constructive in my criticism. I want to help other writers as much as I want to be helped by them and this community fosters that give and take. I have taken workshops to help me improve my knowledge base and allows me to be a better reviewer.
I have also taken workshops to try different writing forms - Poetic Explorations, and Romantica have been the most recent.
Blogging has also been another form of writing I have added to my repertoire. I have met some wonderful people that I am happy to call my friends. I am able to give my opinion and offer advise to others. This makes me feel that I can make a difference.


© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843701-Time-Capsule-This-Weeks-Writingcom-to-do--Reflections