*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844334-Day-17--Show-Your-Green
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2032569
Maxed out on previous blog. As long as I am learning, my newbie is still showing
#844334 added March 17, 2015 at 11:55pm
Restrictions: None
Day 17: Show Your Green
Two-fer Tuesdays: Share an item or blog entry from any of the eligible competitors this month. Include a review link for bonus points. Changin' things up today. It's St. Patrick's Day, so let's talk about your shenanigans. Tell us a story...best one gets the equivalent of a green beer merit badge (ooohhh! Temptations!). Flog your shillelagh!





Well, I don’t know what to say, except this is the perfect place to go into the story of how the commencement of the famous green wienie award got started. In my family it is a blonde wig and it goes to the person who says or does the stupidest thing in front of witnesses. My brother has the lifetime achievement version. He got the first one and got to keep it because it always ended up with him within the same day. Yea, he is that guy.


He earned the first one on a camping trip. He had spent $5 on a bottom bouncer lure and spent five minutes tying it off, making sure that it did not come untied. Then he threw it overboard, and all I heard was a bunch of swearing. He forgot to tie the lure to his line. He had been tying the leader to the line and forgot to attach the bottom bouncer to the leader. I just laughed. I told him that if he was going to throw money in the lake, to let me stick my hand in the lake first. He did not think that very funny and told me to shut up. First thing I did the next Monday morning was go to the costume shop on the corner and buy him a blonde wig as the green wienie trophy.


He has the most blonde jokes of anyone I know. So when bestowing the award, I taunted him that his blonde roots are showing. He told me to shut up again. I giggled.


© Copyright 2015 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844334-Day-17--Show-Your-Green