*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844424-Day18--Learning-and-Heaven-in-one-post--Yea-you
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2032569
Maxed out on previous blog. As long as I am learning, my newbie is still showing
#844424 added March 18, 2015 at 7:55am
Restrictions: None
Day18: Learning and Heaven in one post. Yea, you
From the War Chest...





You have to learn a new skill. Do you prefer to read about it, watch someone else do it, hear someone describe it, or try it yourself?






I think I have proven in more ways than I can count that I cannot follow instructions to save my life. The best way and only way that works for me is to listen to someone explain what to do while I am doing the hands on part.


I do this for others I teach as well and have been told that they love my teaching style because it works and they remember it. I teach by standing beside them or take a phone call and telling them one step at a time. It is harder over the phone because they have to relay back what they are seeing and doing and I have to pretend it makes sense.


But the one thing you can count on me for is this: I have the attention span of a gnat. Watching someone else do it never works, I am off in la-la land and then get yanked back to reality. It’s not fun for either of us. Trying it without instruction leads to a bigger mess than I started with. Teach and do at the same time is the only way to go.





Prompt: What does "Heaven On Earth" mean to you?


Only the best song Belinda Carlisle ever put out. Sing with me.


Oh, baby do you know what that's worth?


Oh, Heaven is a place on Earth.


They say in Heaven, love comes first


We'll make Heaven a place on Earth





© Copyright 2015 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844424-Day18--Learning-and-Heaven-in-one-post--Yea-you